Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The full "letter to the aunt" random question response

My Dear Aunt:

You cannot possibly imagine the expression I had when I opened your gift. How you've remembered all this time of my fondness for maple syrup. And not just any maple syrup, but genuine Canadian maple syrup. And now, with rooster in hand, I'll never have to worry about what to put my syrup in. As for the rooster design, I was at first unsure of the meaning. But clearly, it serves many. For example, it's a simple little reminder of the small town where I grew up--thus something to ground me here in the big city. It's also there as a token of the rooster's morning wakeup call. My rooster's call? The sweet delicasy of maple syrup. I only wish that I could truly express to you how I feel about this gift.

With care and love,

Your Nephew

No comments: